MCC’s EM-2 ceiling mount air conditioning evaporator has been engineered for maximum serviceability and ease of installation in commercial and school buses application. Because the drain pan is part of the basic system, the EM-2 can be completely installed, charged and tested before the cover is put in place, greatly reducing installation time.
Simple cover removal provides ready access to all serviceable components. The EM-2 evaporator is available for non-ducted, free blow applications in 20’ – 25’ (610 – 762 cm) length passenger areas.
- New, efficient, transverse blower technology reduces AMP draw and provides increased, uniformly distributed air flow
- Heavy-duty galvanized steel frame is reinforced for added strength
- High volume air flow, widely dispersed through bi-directional louvers for total passenger comfort
- State-of-the-art enhanced coils for maximum cooling capacity and increased efficiency
- Return Air filter can be removed and cleaned without removing the unit cover
- Higher capacity unit in a smaller package (height reduced over 20% from existing models, significantly
- increasing head clearance)
- Three or variable speed blower allows for full air flow adjustment to optimize system to individual cooling preferences
- Reduced service time and overall life cycle cost with single, easily accessible motor, bottom mounted air filter
- 10% fewer parts and fasteners than previous models
- Can be front/rear, center or front/rear side mounted indifferent bus applications